Peter Andre fans ‘told not touch star at Q&A session over coronavirus fears’

Peter Andre fans were reportedly told not to touch or take selfies with the singer at a Q&A session because of fears of spreading coronavirus.

Signs warning supporters were reportedly put up at an event called An Evening with Peter Andre on Saturday night at the Central Hall in Southampton.

The Sun reported that the signs read: “Due to the recent cases of the coronavirus please DO NOT have any physical contact with Peter Andre.

“Please DO NOT take any selfies with Peter Andre. Apologies for any inconvenience. Thank you.”

One disgruntled fan, Gemma Smith, 35, told The Sun: “Who does he think he is? Not even the Queen has made such demands.”


  • Peter Andre supports Jeremy Kyle's return to limelight after show axing over suicide

  • Peter Andre fans call star 'cruel' as he plays with live crab which bites him

Placed on the table on the stage was a bottle of hand gel which allegedly cost punters £20.

The coronavirus warnings at the event come after Peter voiced his fears that his wife Emily MacDonagh could catch the deadly illness.

Last month The Mysterious Girl singer, 46, said he started worrying about Emily, who is a doctor, when he went to the airport and saw customs officers wearing masks.

Writing in his new! magazine column, he said: "I was at an airport last week and all the customs officers were wearing masks. It really alarmed me.

"When I first saw people in the streets wearing them I thought it was a bit extreme, but the more I see and read, the more I'm beginning to think, 'Is it more serious than we've been led to believe?'

"I've started noticing people sneezing and coughing and my instant reaction is, 'Have they got the virus?'

"I know the NHS and Public Health England are doing all they can.

"Obviously Emily being a doctor brings it close to home for me and, of course, I'm worried about her. But I'm also proud of her doing her job."


  • Craig Charles 'tormented that he chose I'm A Celebrity over seeing late brother'

Yesterday Scotland's first case of coronavirus has been confirmed, bringing the UK's infection total to 36 as medics brace for the potentially deadly bug to spread even further.

Twelve new coronavirus cases were confirmed in England, the Department of Health announced earlier on Sunday.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock admitted it was "inevitable" the deadly virus would continue to spread, and did not rule out following China's lead in shutting down cities if the Covid-19 outbreak escalates.

Three of the latest cases are family members of a man from Surrey who tested positive on Friday, becoming the first person to contract the virus within the UK.

All four are adults, including one more from Surrey and two from West Sussex, and are not GPs or health workers.

Do you have a story to sell? Get in touch with us at [email protected] or call us direct 0207 29 33033.

Source: Read Full Article