Strictly Come Dancing bosses 'plan to film new series in isolation'

Strictly Come Dancing bosses ‘to place stars in ISOLATION and film new series without a studio audience amid coronavirus pandemic’

  • A source claimed producers are considering several options to ensure the 2020 series can go ahead later this year
  • It’s reported they may place this year’s celebrity contestants and their pro partners in isolation and may only leave their homes for training
  • Judge Motsi Mabuse recently revealed the German version of Strictly had continued filming during the pandemic without a studio audience
  • The new series of Strictly Come Dancing usually begins in September 
  • Learn more about how to help people impacted by COVID

Strictly Come Dancing bosses are reportedly considering filming their 2020 series behind closed doors as the TV industry continues to be thrown into chaos by the coronavirus pandemic.

A source has claimed that producers of the BBC ratings hit are debating several options to ensure the upcoming series can go ahead, including placing couples in isolation, despite fears this could ignore the so-called ‘Strictly Curse.’

It comes after numerous TV favourites such as Line Of Duty, Call The Midwife, and even EastEnders were forced to halt filming due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, which has also placed the country in lockdown.

Big changes: Strictly Come Dancing are reportedly considering placing their stars in isolation and filming behind closed doors due to COVID-19 (Oti Mabuse and Kelvin Fletcher pictured) 

A source told The Sun that bosses may consider filming Strictly without a studio audience for the first time in its history to protect members of the public from the virus.

New measures would also mean celebrity contestants would be placed in isolation with their professional partners, leaving only to train and film the show. 

The source explained: ‘The stars would be put into isolation with their pro partners over a week before the start of the series to avoid risks of illness. 

‘In theory they would stay in the same place and train together daily with minimal contact with the outside world.

Drama: A source claimed bosses are considering several options to ensure the new series goes ahead, despite fears it may ignite the show’s ‘curse’ (Stacey Dooley and Kevin Clifton pictured)

‘It’s an extreme idea but it’s one of many that’s being bandied around in meetings at the moment.’

MailOnline has contacted representatives for Strictly Come Dancing for comment. 

The new series of Strictly is schedule to being production sometime in August, with the launch episode usually airing in early September. 

The source went onto add that Strictly bosses are fearful new isolation measures could also increase risk of the show’s so-called ‘curse.’

Not yet: Strictly usually begins airing its new series in September, but this has been thrown into doubt due to the ongoing coronavirus lockdown 

Which UK shows have stopped filming?

EastEnders

Line Of Duty

Peaky Blinders

Doctors

Casualty

Holby City

River City

Pobol y Cwm 

Hollyoaks 

Vera 

Call The Midwife 

The Only Way Is Essex 

Lorraine

Loose Women 

Emmerdale

Coronation Street 

Judge Motsi Mabuse is currently filming the German version of Strictly, which has been able to continue filming throughout the pandemic by using similar isolation measures.

On Monday pro Oti Mabuse – who was crowned series champion with Kelvin Fletcher last year – admitted Strictly’s future is still up in the air.

She said on Lorraine: ‘Right now we hope that everything’s gonna be okay, or are we not sure?

‘We’re just hoping that everything can be okay. I think at the moment it’s really important to listen to the government guidelines and just take it day by day. 

‘The most important thing is that everyone is safe and everyone is healthy. So, at the moment, we’re all just isolated together. We’re all in the same boat really.’

Worries: On Monday pro Oti Mabuse – who was crowned series champion last year – admitted Strictly’s future is still up in the air

The pandemic has already thrown the TV industry into chaos, with numerous series forced to halt filming including Line Of Duty, Casualty and Holby City.

Others such as Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway and The Last Leg continued without a studio audience, and some such as Have I Got News For You resuming by filming entire episodes on webcam. 

The nation was placed in lockdown on Monday 23 March due to the coronavirus pandemic, meaning members of the public must stay in their homes.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson insisted members of the public may only leave their homes for essential food shopping, daily exercise and to travel to and from work.

A majority of the nation are now working from home, with public transport only running to carry key workers, such as NHS staff. 

Success story: Judge Motsi Mabuse is currently filming the German version of Strictly, which has been able to continue filming throughout the pandemic using similar isolation measures

Source: Read Full Article