Kaye Adams has been announced as the fourth contestant to join the Strictly Come Dancing line-up.
The 59 year old, who was recently left "shocked" to learn she needs hearing aids in both ears, shared the news herself on the hit ITV show Loose Women on Friday 5 August.
Hollyoaks star Will Mellor was the first confirmed contestant to take part in the show on Thursday morning, with Kym Marsh joining him on the line-up not long after.
Earlier today, it was also revealed that BBC Radio 2 host Richie Anderson will be taking part with a male professional dancer on the show – following on from John Whaite and Johannes Radebe's pairing in 2021, which made history.
Now, it's been confirmed that Kaye will be putting her dancing shoes on for the show's return next month, where she'll try her best to impress judges Motsi Mabuse, 41, Shirley Ballas, 61, and Craig Revel Horwood, 57, as well as Anton Du Beke, 56, who will be a permanent judge this series.
Appearing to be all smiles on Loose Women today, Kaye first teased viewers to no end on who the fourth contestant could be as she listed off the Loose Women panellists, from Stacey Solomon to Nadia Sawalha.
Carol McGiffin then joked that it was her, before taking it back as Kaye eventually confessed: "The Loose Woman taking part in this year's Strictly Come Dancing is… me!"
In disbelief, Nadia questioned: "Is it actually you?" before gushing over her as she said: "Oh my god, I'm so emotional. Honestly I could cry. A, because I'm not there to give you a big hug and it is amazing that you are going to do it.
"Because let's face it, you can't dance. But that's what we like on Strictly. We like to see somebody learn to dance. You're going to be incredible, you're so funny and you've got the best legs in the business. I can't wait to Cha Cha Cha with you!"
Kaye then said: "I'm absolutely terrified," as she echoed that she can't dance.
Prior to the official announcement, Kaye's involvement on the show was leaked as a source told The Sun: “Kaye is a classic Strictly signing. She ticks so many boxes. She’s been keeping it a closely guarded secret for some time.”
“Even her own co-stars have been kept in the dark,” they added.
Giving a preview on what to expect from the upcoming series, a post from the Strictly social media accounts posted earlier this week: “Strictly Come Dancing is celebrating 100 years of the BBC!
"The professional dancers will be throwing a party like only they know how, with a group number full of all the usual sparkle and glamour.
“There may well be a surprise or two as well, with special guests and fun tributes to some of your favourite BBC shows.”
Explaining how fans can get tickets for the recording of the Launch show, the BBC said: “Dust off your dancing shoes, Strictly Come Dancing is back!
“The stunning 20th series returns, bringing glamour and show-stopping dancing back to Saturday nights on BBC One – and we’re extremely excited to be able to welcome an audience back to the studio for this year’s shows.
“Hosted by the very talented and glamorous Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman, the show will once again come live from Elstree Film and Television Studios.
“Registration is now open to be part of the exciting Launch Show, which is recording in advance of this year’s live shows on Wednesday, September 7.”
To mark the 20 years of Strictly Come Dancing, the new series will have 20 professional dancers, marking its biggest line-up of pro dancers to date.
Strictly's Kai Widdrington and Nadiya Bychkova make loved-up red carpet debut in co-ordinated outfits
AJ Odudu 'happy' for former Strictly partner Kai over new romance with fellow pro Nadiya
Strictly's Kai Widdrington poses with mum and lookalike brother in sweet childhood snap
Strictly Come Dancing 2022 professional line-up confirmed as Aljaž Škorjanec quits
For all your updates on the Strictly Come Dancing star, sign up to our daily OK! newsletter
Source: Read Full Article