The Eurovision Song Contest is a fantastic event which, every year, sees countries battle with their best pop songs. The songs can be everything from the sublime to the ridiculous, and many are a mixture of both. For those who want their music round to be a little niche, a Eurovision round is ideal for your online pub quiz.
READ MORE: Little Richard Elton John: How Little Richard influenced Sir Elton ‘I was going to be a player’
Of course, Eurovision has been going on for many years, meaning there is a wealth of performances and facts for the quiz.
With that, it is important to remember how many pub quizzers may not remember way back to the early days, or be stuck in the Eurovision past.
As a result, the key to the best Eurovision round is to make sure the questions are diverse and cover a range of years, topics, performances and more.
Here is our pick of some of the best Eurovision-related questions.
1) In what year was the first-ever Eurovision Song Contest held?
2) Where was the first Eurovision Song Contest held, and which country won?
3) Who was the UK’s first-ever Eurovision representative? (Bonus – in what year did they perform?)
4) In 1969 which UK singer won the Eurovision Song Contest? (Bonus – what song did they sing?)
5) In that same year, three other countries were also crowned joint-victors – which were they?
6) ABBA won Eurovision for Sweden in 1974 with Waterloo, but how many points did the UK give them?
7) How many times has the UK won the Eurovision Song Contest?
8) In 1997 the UK won the Eurovision Song Contest with the song Love Shine A Light – who sang it?
9) Hard rock band Lordi shocked Eurovision audiences with their controversial win in 2006 with Hard Rock Hallelujah – but where are they from?
10) Which was the first non-European country to be allowed into the Eurovision Song Contest? (Bonus – what year did they join?)
- Eurovision 2020: Has Eurovision been cancelled due to coronavirus?
11) Johnny Logan from Ireland is the only person to have won the Eurovision Song Contest more than once – how many times has he won?
12) UK winners Buck’s Fizz had a particularly famous stage gimmick which helped their win, what was it?
13) How many times has the UK hosted the Eurovision Song Contest?
14) Who was the presenter of the UK coverage of Eurovision before being replaced by Graham Norton in 2008?
15) Who won the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest, and was supposed to host the 2020 competition before it was cancelled due to COVID-19? (Bonus – what was the name of the winning song?)
- Eurovision 2020: UK to SUFFER big time as Iceland swipe win?
2) Lugano in Switzerland and Switzerland won the contest
3) Patricia Bredin (Bonus – 1957)
4) Lulu (Bonus – Boom Bang-a-Bang)
5) France, The Netherlands, Spain
7) 5 times
8) Katrina and the Waves
10) Israel (Bonus – 1973)
11) 2 – answer can also be 3 as he wrote a winning song, so either of these are acceptable answers
12) The men ripped off the women’s skirts
13) 8 times
14) Sir Terry Wogan
15) The Netherlands (Bonus – Arcade)
Source: Read Full Article