From May 13, McDonald’s will open 15 stores across the UK for delivery only – with customers able to order from their local store via UberEats or JustEat. Special measures to ensure safety and cleanliness across the stores have been implemented, with training for staff.
Which restaurants are reopening?
- Boreham Interchange (near Chelmsford)
- Chelmsford – Riverside
- Chelmsford – Westway
- Gillingham – Beechings Way
- Gillingham – Bowaters
- Ipswich – Cardinal Park
- London – Dalston
- London – Harrow
- London – Tooting
- London – Welling
- Luton – Leagrave
- Luton – Chaul End Lane
- Luton – George Street
- Sittingbourne retail park
- Watford – Hertfordshire Arms
Read More: McDonald’s asks for rent cut ahead of reopen in COVID lockdown
- What date is McDonald’s reopening? What time will McDonald’s be open?
These stores will follow strict measures to ensure the safety of staff, delivery drivers and customers.
These measures are
- Perspex screens and floor markings will be introduced in specific areas
- We will provide additional protective equipment including non-medical grade face masks
- All employees will be asked to confirm they are fit and able to work, and we will use contactless thermometers with temperatures taken on arrival at work for every shift
- We will also be introducing social distancing measures for all of our delivery and service partners
The stores will not be serving a full menu, with McDonald’s implementing restrictions to ease reopening.
So what is on the McDonald’s lockdown menu?
In a statement on its website, McDonald’s explained of the decision to introduce a limited menu: “We will return with much smaller teams in our restaurants and as a result, will be returning with a limited menu.
“This will support social distancing in our kitchens, whilst still providing many McDonald’s iconic menu items.
Unfortunately for fans of the McMuffin and McDonald’s hash browns, these will not be on the menu as breakfast will not be served.
The return of local greengrocers? Britons choose to ditch supermarkets [INSIGHT]
Marks & Spencer home delivery launches today – full list of stores [ANALYSIS]
How to make BBQ sauce [RECIPE]
- Morrisons launches beer & wine same-day delivery & expands food range
Paul Pomroy, CEO of McDonald’s UK and Ireland explained: “To reduce the complexities in our kitchens at menu changeover, we will temporarily not be serving breakfast.
“As we reopen we will explore the ways in which to help our employees safely change over menus and we will reintroduce our breakfast menu as soon as we can.”
Customers can still buy
- Big Mac
- Quarter Pounder with cheese
- McChicken Sandwich
- Vegetable Deluxe
- Double Cheeseburger
- Chicken McNuggets
- Chicken Selects
- 20 Chicken McNuggets ShareBox
- McDonald’s Fries
- Mozzarella Dippers
- Veggie Dippers
- Apple and Grape Fruit Bag
- Maltesers McFlurry
- Smarties McFlurry
- Oreo McFlurry
- Hamburger meal
- Cheeseburger meal
- Chicken McNugget meal
- Veggie Dippers meal
- All fizzy drinks
- Tropicana orange juice
- Fruit shoot
- All McCafe hot drinks
Source: Read Full Article