Thousands of households have just TWO WEEKS left to apply for free £50 supermarket voucher – can you claim?

THOUSANDS of Brits have just two weeks left to apply for a £50 supermarket voucher to put towards buying food.

It's part of the Household Support Fund to help struggling families pay for essential costs this winter.

The £500million scheme is handed out to different councils across the UK, and they can then decide how to use the funds.

The cash is supposed to support households who are struggling to pay for food or bills.

The support that's available varies between councils, so you'll need to check with your local authority what help is available in the region you live in.

For example, Nottingham City Council is among the councils offering extra support to residents this winter.

You can apply for up to two £50 supermarket vouchers – but the deadline for one of them is this evening.

The other has a deadline of January 4, so there's still time to access help in the New Year.

Most read in Money


£3M home with Lake Windermere views & own cinema could be yours for FREE


All you need to know about vouchers your household can claim for free winter cash


Next announces HUGE change to its famous Boxing Day sale


I paid my mortgage off early – now I regret it as I have ZERO cash

To apply you should contact the council directly, and you'll need to input some details including your email address and mobile number,

You will also need to provide an address and a council tax reference number.

While this particular offer is only open to residents of Nottingham, The Sun has spotted other local authorities offering free cash and vouchers to help families.

You'll need to contact your own local council to find out what help you might be eligible for.

Each council decides who is eligible and how much to hand out, so you'll need to check what's available in your area – you can find out who yours is via the website.

What other help is available?

The Sun has looked into all the assistance on offer from councils up and down the country – you can find out who yours is via the website.

Families in North Yorkshire could get a £125 voucher to help pay for food and essentials

Meanwhile, those living in the East Riding of Yorkshire have until Christmas Eve to apply for up to £285 to help pay for household essentials and bills.

Shropshire Council is also giving households £115 in free cash to be put towards food, energy and water bills

If there is not Household Support Fund help available to you in your area, there are other schemes that might be able to help.

The Welfare assistance scheme can get up to £1,000 in free cash and vouchers for food, furniture and bills.

You might be able to get your council tax bill reduced if you are struggling to pay.

And if you’re struggling to pay rent, you could apply for a discretionary housing payment.

We pay for your stories!

Do you have a story for The Sun Money team?

Email us at [email protected]

    Source: Read Full Article