Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder LIVE REACTION: Joshua backed Haye to beat Gypsy King, Whyte blasts ‘pathetic’ Wilder – The Sun

TYSON FURY is once AGAIN a heavyweight world champion after becoming the first man ever to STOP Deontay Wilder last weekend.

Fury bullied and dominated the Bronze Bomber, knocking him down in the third AND fifth rounds in Las Vegas before Wilder's trainer finally threw in the towel.

  • Fury won Wilder's WBC heavyweight title
  • Read SunSport's ringside report
  • Paris Fury responds to Donald Trump's White House invitation
  • Frank Warren wants Fury vs Wilder 3 at Old Trafford

Follow ALL of the latest reaction and updates from Vegas below…

  • ONE MORE TIME

    Tyson Fury will complete his trilogy with Deontay Wilder this summer.

    Fury's UK promoter Warren confirmed on talkSPORT that beaten Wilder, 34, has officially invoked his right for an immediate rematch with the Gypsy King, 31.

    It came after Top Rank boss Bob Arum told Ringside Reporter that the bout will take place before the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games.

    Arum said: “Wilder and his representatives formerly notified us last night that they have accepted the rematch and are going forward.

    “It’s going to happen in the summer, before the Olympics. Middle of July.”

  • HAYE-LE STORM

    Relive the moment Anthony Joshua backed David Haye to beat Tyson Fury in 2013!

  • MORNING FIGHT FANS

    Tyson Fury’s spectacular win over Deontay Wilder is still on everybody’s lips despite the fight taking place over a week ago.

    It’s reckoned the pair will fight for a third time after Wilder’s team contacted Fury’s side about taking up their contract clause.

    And they could even clash before this summer’s Olympic games, with July pencilled in as a potential date.

    It means an anticipated British battle between Fury and Anthony Joshua will have to wait until the end of the year.

    That’s no surprise after Fury’s dad John branded AJ as “frightened.”

    And he believes Joshua would also quit any bout in tears before taking on The Gypsy King.

    It means all eyes will be on Wilder’s camp as he looks to reclaim his WBC crown.

    The Alabama Hammer has already posted a warning on Instagram, telling Fury that “the war has just begun.”

    But that only prompted derision from mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte, who called Wilder’s threat “pathetic.”

    Meanwhile, Fury’s cutman has demolished fake conspiracy theories that his gloves had been tampered with in the Wilder win.

    It was claimed they allowed Fury to punch the American where there was no cushioning.

    But Jacob ‘Stitch’ Duran has dismissed the rumours as a “big myth.”

  • MYTH BUSTER

    Tyson Fury's cutman Jacob 'Stitch' Duran has dismissed claims that Fury's gloves were tampered with for the recent rematch against Deontay Wilder.

    Fury dropped Wilder twice in last Saturday's blockbuster showdown before the fgiht was eventually stopped in the seventh round.

    Duran told BoxingSocial: “I'll give you the facts, the Nevada State Athletic Commissionis one of the best commission in the world.

    “They handle the gloves until it's time to put them on. There was no tampering whatsoever, I was there. It's just a big myth.”

    Duran also said Fury is “not that type of guy”.

    A rematch has been scheduled for the Summer with Wilder exercising an immediate rematch clause setting up a trilogy fight.

  • RUIZ JR BACK IN TRAINING

    Andy Ruiz Jr is back in training with the aim of winning back the heavyweight gold.

    The 30-year-old has been knuckling down in the gym, as he looks to comeback stronger than ever.

    Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight history when he defeated Anthony Joshua in New York last summer.

    Anthony Joshua would later reclaim the belts in early December 2019 in Saudi Arabia.

    He claims he is “ready” to take on the current WBC world heavyweight champion, Tyson Fury.

Source: Read Full Article