The 75th anniversary of Victory in Europe Day, also known as VE Day, takes place on May 8, which will this year be a bank holiday in the UK. Unfortunately, Britons are still confined to their homes due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, to keep your friends and family entertained on the important day, Express.co.uk gives you all the questions you need for a virtual pub quiz.
VE Day quiz questions
1) What does VE Day stand for?
2) What does VE Day commemorate?
3) Who was the British Prime Minister at the time of VE day?
- Politics quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your quiz
4) How many years are we celebrating since VE day in 2020?
5) Where in London did crowds gather to celebrate VE day?
6) Who was Britain’s monarch during WW2?
7) What date does New Zealand celebrate VE Day?
8) Who is the British singer famous for wartime hit We’ll Meet Again?
9) Who was the leader of Germany when they surrendered to the Allies?
10) What day of the week was the first VE Day in 1945?
11) The nations involved in the war formed two opposing alliances – what were they called?
12) What date did Germany actually surrender?
13) What was Princess Elizabeth (now Queen Elizabeth II) allowed to do on VE Day?
14) In what year did the UK and France declare war on Germany?
15) What did British people do in response to the German forces bombing during ‘The Blitz’?
Food and drink quiz questions and answers: 15 questions
True or false quiz questions and answers: 15 questions
General knowledge quiz questions with answers: 15 questions
- Geography quiz questions and answers: 15 questions for your home quiz
VE Day quiz answers
1) Victory in Europe Day
2) VE Day marks the day at the end of World War II when fighting against Nazi Germany came to an end in Europe.
3) Winston Churchill
5) Trafalgar Square and up the Mall to Buckingham Palace
6) George VI
7) May 9
8) Dame Vera Lynn
9) Grand Admiral Karl Dönitz
11) Axis and Allies
12) May 7
13) Leave the palace and wander, incognito, amongst the celebrating crowds
15) Turn the lights off
Source: Read Full Article