Lisa Armstrong tells fans to ‘be brave and push through’ as ex Ant McPartlin’s Saturday Night Takeaway audience is axed – The Sun


ANT McPartlin's ex wife Lisa Armstrong has told followers to "be brave and push on through".

Her inspiring tweet comes after Saturday Night Takeaway's live audience was axed, with hosts Ant and Dec vowing to power on.

⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates

Taking to her Twitter page, make-up artist Lisa checked in on her fans.

She wrote: "How’s everyone doing?…. Let’s try and be brave and push on through… #staysafe x".

Lisa then responded to a couple of fans, including one who cheekily asked: "Lend us a million Lisa, am good for it… Joke btw".

The star replied: "Would if I had one…"

Lisa secured a £31million settlement in her divorce from Geordie Ant, including the former couple's £5million house.

Ant and Lisa split after 11 years of marriage in 2017, with their relationship said to have been under pressure following his addiction to painkillers after having knee surgery.

As a result of the break-up, Lisa lost her behind-the-scenes role on Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway, which yesterday was to confirmed to be going ahead despite this weekend despite the global coronavirus pandemic.

Ant and Dec held an emergency meeting with ITV bosses this afternoon over the future of their hit prime time show.

The long-running series involves a large studio audience and encourages participation throughout the hour long episode.

A spokesperson about Saturday Night Takeaway told The Sun: "Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway will go ahead this weekend without a studio audience.

"Our priority is safeguarding the well-being of everyone involved.

"The show will be made with a reduced production crew and in accordance with the latest guidance from Public Health England.

"The team are looking forward to bringing our viewers a brilliant show on Saturday evening."

It is the first time the prime time show has gone ahead without an audience and telly insiders say the team are working to ensure the show is adapted accordingly and will remain live.

The news comes just days after Ant and Dec, both 44, confirmed they wouldn’t be flying out to Walt Disney World in Florida with 300 prize winners as part of the show’s grand finale.

Instead their popular “place on the plane” competition will go ahead at a later date.

Last week, extra hand-sanitizing facilities were laid on at television centre in London, where Saturday Night Takeaway is filmed, in bid to keep the audience safe.

 

Source: Read Full Article