The Chase viewers infuriated by Mark Labbett’s final round performance

The Chase was back on ITV with the first instalment of the quiz show of the week. Joining Bradley Walsh in the Chaser hot seat tonight was Mark ‘The Beast’ Labbett. But during the final round, viewers thought his questions were slightly easier than the contestants. 

The contestants hoping to take a portion of the cash prize home with them was Steve, Virinder, Julie and Pat. 

Those watching at home saw Steve up first and after a tidy £6,000 cash builder, he opted to stay in the middle. 

As the game begun, it wasn’t long before the comment “first up and first out” left Bradley’s lips. 

Virinder then hoped to not follow suit and after being offered £1,000, stick with his £3,000 or be tempted by the £26,000, he chose to play it safe. 


  • The Chase fans in meltdown as player wins money after £0 cash builder

But Mark was on fire and he followed in Steve’s footsteps. 

As for Julie, she changed the game pattern and managed to return to the desk with £4,000. 

Pat joined her, adding a lovely £6,000 to the prize fund and the Final Chase was then on. 

Together they managed to accumulate 18 steps ahead, but when it was Mark’s turn, some viewers criticised the questions he was being asked. 

“The company name, what is LTD short for?” Bradley asked and Mark replied: “Limited.”

“Correct. What 1843 Charles Dickens story was set in December?” The host said next and The Beast answered: “Christmas Carol.” 

The third quick fire question Bradley asked was: “ What was the last James Bond theme sung by Shirley Bassey?” 

“Moonraker,” Mark said and Bradley continued: “Which dictator ruled Chile for most of the 1980’s?” And Mark replied: “Pinochet.” 

EastEnders spoilers: Lola Pearce accepts proposal because of Lexi [SPOILER]
Coronation Street spoilers: Geoff Metcalfe’s evil plan to backfire [EXCLUSIVE]
Emmerdale spoilers: Charity Dingle and Vanessa’s future foreshadowed? [THEORY]

Taking to Twitter to comment, one said: “easy questions for mark #TheChase.” 

#thechase  could the chaser have had any easier questions?  I could have answered most,” another remarked. 

A third wrote: “Easy Questions for Mark today #TheChase.” 

While someone else added: “That was easy peasy #Thechase.” 


  • Anne Hegerty: The Chase star reacts after being ‘cut-off’ live on-air

Nevertheless, with 20 seconds to spare Mark caught the team up. 

They had two attempts to pushback and two were executed, but that still wasn’t enough. 

As Mark previously said, the team of two had a 21 percent chance of leaving with the jackpot, but he had a better 79 percent of sending them home empty-handed

The Chase airs weekdays at 5pm on ITV. 

Source: Read Full Article