THE Queen was today seen leaving Windsor after quitting Buckingham Palace amid the coronavirus crisis.
The 93-year-old had been whisked to Windsor Castle for the weekend after Cobra crisis talks in response to the pandemic.
⚠️ Read our coronavirus live blog for the latest news & updates
But she was pictured today, understood to be returning to Buckingham Palace in London today.
Plans are currently in place to quarantine her and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham if the outbreak worsens.
So far, coronavirus has claimed the lives of 37 people, with more than 1,500 cases in the UK.
And the Queen’s court could also be moved permanently during the crisis.
The Palace has around 500 staff, Windsor 100 and Sandringham a handful.
Palace garden parties for 30,000 guests in May and June are on the brink of being cancelled or postponed.
The Queen may also have to miss the Epsom Derby on June 6.
A Palace spokeswoman said: "Future events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis taking into account the appropriate advice."
Tap to see where COVID-19 is near you
The Queen hosted a Palace reception on Tuesday but avoided shaking hands with dignitaries. But on Wednesday — her last Palace appearance — she did greet Prof Mark Compton with a handshake.
And Her Majesty recently wore gloves for the investitures ceremony at Buckingham Palace in an apparent precaution.
Prince Charles and Camilla had also planned to travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan this week but cancelled their tour.
Clarence House said: "Owing to the unfolding situation with the Coronavirus pandemic, The British Government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan."
Prince Charles has appeared to take the coronavirus threat seriously – previously pictured giving the Namaste greeting as he met with members of the public.
And the future king reacted in mock horror after extending his hand forward to shake hands with someone during an event at the London Palladium.
"It’s just so hard to remember not to," he joked.
There are fears the real figure of coronavirus cases in the UK could be more than 10,000 — with numbers expected to soar in the coming weeks.
Over the weekend, there were claims that all over 70s will be told to stay in strict isolation at home or in care homes for four months.
The measure could be enforced within the next 20 days.
Hotels and other buildings may be used as temporary hospitals.
A senior government source said the perception that ministers are reluctant to make difficult and costly decisions to battle the virus is wrong.
Source: Read Full Article