Man, 51, dies at sauna after suffering cardiac arrest as investigation launched | The Sun

A MAN died at a sauna after suffering a suspected cardiac arrest.

Emergency services rushed to The Pipeworks men's health and leisure club in Glasgow just before 8pm on Saturday.

Despite the best efforts of staff and paramedics, a 51-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The venue was closed overnight due to the "serious incident".

David Cooper, director of operations at The Pipeworks, said: "We can confirm that a 51-year-old member of our health club had a cardiac arrest whilst visiting our venue.

"Our team's training kicked in and our colleagues performed CPR, whilst utilising our onsite defibrillator.


Two babies found dead in a house sparking police probe as three people arrested

Roads flooded as Met Office warns homes at risk of deluge after torrential rain

"Sadly these efforts were not successful and our member sadly passed away.

"Our condolences go out to the family and friends of our member, whilst we thank the amazing efforts of our highly trained team."

Although there are no suspicious circumstances, police are investigating the "unexplained' death.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: "We received a report of a sudden death of a 51-year-old man at a premises on Metropole Lane, Glasgow around 7.55pm on Saturday, November 26, 2022.

Most read in The Sun

it came home…again

Jill Scott is crowned the winner of I'm A Celeb beating Matt Hancock


Riot erupts during Belgium v Morocco clash as fans flip cars & set fires

camp still mates

I'm A Celeb fans all say same thing as campmates reunite for boozy dinner


I'm A Celeb winner 'revealed' hours ahead of final

"The death is being treated as unexplained but is not being treated as suspicious.

"A report will be sent to the Procurator Fiscal."

Source: Read Full Article