Mother reveals how girl asked 'where's daddy?' after he was killed

Heartbroken Russian Instagrammer reveals how her daughter asked ‘where’s daddy?’ after he died alongside two others when dry ice was thrown into a swimming pool during her 29th birthday party

  • Natalia Monakova and Yuri Alferov, both 25, were dead at the scene in Moscow 
  • Celebrations were for Instagram influencer Ekaterina Didenko’s 29th birthday  
  • Three victims ‘suffered Co2 poisoning’ after dry ice was mixed with pool water 
  • Ms Didenko’s daughter Nastya asked ‘where’s daddy’ after Valentin Didenko died

A heartbroken mother has revealed how her daughter asked ‘where’s daddy’ after he was killed alongside two others when dry ice was thrown into a swimming pool.

Valentin Didenko, 32, suffered carbon dioxide poisoning and died after dry ice was launched into a pool to create a ‘steam show’ during Ekaterina Didenko’s 29th birthday celebrations in Moscow.

Partygoers Natalia Monakova and Yuri Alferov, both 25, were also confirmed dead at the scene. Reports claimed the pair died from pulmonary edemas after breathing in the gas. 

Devastated blogger Ms Didenko shared a video yesterday announcing the loss of her partner – and revealing her daughter Nastya had asked a painful question following her father’s death.

The party was for blogger Ekaterina Didenko, pictured last night (right) and this morning (left), who was celebrating her 29th birthday in Moscow 

Ms Didenko is pictured holding balloons for her 29th birthday moments before the tragedy in Moscow 

In the video, Ms Didenko, from Moscow, said: ‘Valya is not with us any more. Or Natasha [Natalia]. Or Yura [Yuri].

‘I can’t tell you anything else. I have signed a ban to disclose any information. I can’t say anything.

‘I did not cry yesterday… today I just exploded. I thought it was not true, it was a nightmare.

‘Nastya woke up today – “Where is daddy?” I do not know what to say to her… She is asking me: “Why are you crying?”‘. 

Natalia Monakova, one of the deceased, is pictured in an Instagram post before the tragedy

Yuri Alferov (pictured), 25, died last night after Valentin Didenko (not pictured), 32, poured 55lb of dry ice into a swimming pool in Moscow 

Earlier, Ms Didenko had posted from hospital to say her husband was, like her, in intensive care but at this point she was unaware that he had died.

The mother-of-two, who was initially wrongly reported to have been killed, said: ‘I am alive, I am behind the doors of an intensive care ward. 

‘I don’t know who died… Valya is in the intensive care, I don’t know what state he is in.’

Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide and which produces heavy vapour when put into water.

Dead bodies are pictured being removed from the sauna in Moscow where the birthday party took place

An image shows guests around the table at Didenko’s party in Moscow before the tragedy

The vapour can cause high levels of carbon dioxide in the blood when released in a poorly ventilated space.

Mr Didenko wanted the dry ice ‘to create an impressive steam show’ as party guests jumped into the pool, it was reported.

But as soon as the ice was poured, people started fainting. Moments earlier, guests had been laughing and clinking glasses. 

Mother-of-two Ms Didenko is a popular Instagram blogger with one million people following her account, which gives advice on medicines for home use.

Pictured: Guests at Didenko’s party in Moscow before the tragedy took place this week

Police are pictured arriving at the scene in Moscow after the tragedy, which killed three

Monakova is pictured in an image from social media before the Moscow tragedy 

A highly qualified pharmacist, she gives advice on keeping home medicine cupboards leaner and more effective while also sharing intimate moments of her own life.

In some videos she is seen filming chemical experiments with her young daughter. 

The Russian Investigative Committee confirmed a criminal case was opened into causing death by negligence. 

The ‘preliminary reason for the death of three (partygoers) was mechanical asphyxia because their airways were blocked’, reported crime channel 112.

The three victims were in the pool when the dry ice was released and could not breathe. 

Source: Read Full Article